The wrong trousers
Mar. 3rd, 2010 03:22 pmThis morning I put on my big-girl pants and went to a CPA. (Good news, I set aside enough money for self employment taxes: Bad news, I set aside exactly enough, and am now broke.) On my way to the office, I had the divine revelation that Holy crap, it's March, I have a book due at the end of the year! So I'm packing my post-novel ennui a lunch and kicking it out of the house.
Which of course works exactly as well as you might think. I have the file open, and am rearranging sentences, but forward motion is slow. I don't like my opening sentence, and now I'm second-guessing the inclusion of a character from Bone Palace. Blah. This book is precocious--I don't usually get stuck till 15k.
Maybe I should run Isyllt out of town on a rail, instead of waiting for her to mosey away....
Which of course works exactly as well as you might think. I have the file open, and am rearranging sentences, but forward motion is slow. I don't like my opening sentence, and now I'm second-guessing the inclusion of a character from Bone Palace. Blah. This book is precocious--I don't usually get stuck till 15k.
Maybe I should run Isyllt out of town on a rail, instead of waiting for her to mosey away....
no subject
Date: 2010-03-03 11:17 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2010-03-04 05:17 pm (UTC)